Recently presenting to SocialBuzzU on How To Get Your Blog All Over The Media , I shared numerous no-cost ways to get publicity for your blog and business.
Here is one additional tool I use to identify publicity opportunities and it, also, is FREE!
I’m talking about Google Alerts. Setting up alerts that not only let you know (via email) when you and your business are being talked about, but all these other alerts:
- The topic of your business (business travel, in my case)
- Conferences and trade shows in your topic area (“conference social media” and “tradeshow social media” for example)
- Experts in your topic area (“Mari Smith social media” for example)
- Speaking opportunities (“call for speakers social media” for example)
- Statistics in your topic area (“statistics social media” for example)
- The magazines/media in your topic area (“Inc. magazine” “social media” for example)
- Your name
- Your business name
- And other areas that you want to keep apprised of in your niche.
Can you see how being alerted with this information could help you apply for speaking opportunities, write an article that can be submitted to a magazine, be a guest blogger on another site and come up with topic ideas for your business? All at no monetary cost, just a bit of your time.
How do you get started? Go to https://www.google.com/alerts, sign into your Google account and start creating alerts. You can have as many as will be valuable to you. Have too many and it may be overwhelming to keep up with!
Emails will begin to flow into your mailbox. I recommend forwarding them automatically to a subfolder so you can review several at a time and have them all in one place.
Google Alerts have been invaluable for me. So set some up today (or add to your existing Google Alert list) and your business will be expanding all over the place!